Are you flippin’ useless at flipping pancakes? Do you dread making a show of yourself on Pancake Day, as your half-cooked pancakes inevitably end up on your floor, ceiling, or hair? Fear not! Here at Glamping Under the Stars, we have a delicious, easy to make, no-flip pancake recipe for you. Make these, and your appreciative friends and family will never again complain that your pancakes are a load of crepe. Better still, they’re so easy, you can even whip up them up in a pan over the campfire, if you’re feeling extra adventurous and outdoorsy (though making them in the kitchen is ok too).
No Flip Pancake Recipe
You will need:
100g Self-Raising Flour
Pinch of Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Lage Egg
125 ml Milk
Also, a frying pan, a knob of butter, a tablespoon and a spatula.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg and milk
- Whisk carefully, gradually drawing in the dry ingredients to make a smooth batter
- Put a blob of butter in a frying pan over a moderate heat
- Drop three tablespoons of batter into the pan – take care to keep the spoons of mixture apart
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface & the underside is golden brown
- Carefully turn them over with the spatula – no showy-offy, flambouyant full pan flipping required!
- Cook for a minute more to finish the other side, then serve with pancake toppings of your choice. We like chocolate spread & strawberries or a little maple syrup & blueberries!
And there you go! Delicious ‘mini-pancakes’ on the plate. Fuss-free, flip-free, and taste flippin’ great!
You’re so welcome!
Now you’ve mastered this recipe & side-stepped your flipping phobia, why not treat yourself & book a lovely, relaxing glamping trip with us?