ABBEYLEIX HERITAGE TOWN
The pretty Heritage Town of Abbeyleix has lots to offer, from historic pubs & friendly cafés to antiques shops & nature walks.
It’s a great place to while away a couple of hours – for coffee, lunch, or a spot of people-watching. For food, we recommend ‘The Gallic Kitchen at Bramleys’, which serves tasty ‘Avoca-style’ food and has a small kid’s area inside. Mueller & O’Connell Bakery is also worth a visit – this small artisan bakery/café is situated in a revamped bank building & serves great coffee and cake.
For an evening meal, it’s hard to beat McEvoys, an excellent gastropub with great service & stylish décor. For families, the Manor Hotel offers good food, a friendly welcome & a kids menu.
- Abbeyleix is approx 10 mins from Glamping Under The Stars
- Free Parking on the street
- Farmer’s Market on Saturday Morning
- Great cafes & pubs
- Family-Friendly Library
- Abbeyleix Heritage House & Museum
- Children’s Playground (next to Heritage House)