The corona virus emergency has thrown the world into disarray. The government’s ‘lockdown’, (restricting public movement & gatherings, and requiring the closure of all non-essential businesses), has meant that we have had to close the glampsite for the moment. And we understand that many of our guests have questions & queries regarding their bookings with us.
We want to answer those questions for you, to give you peace of mind, and to clarify our booking policy & reopening status as best we can.
If you have booked a date to glamp with us during the period of covid-19 closure, we will contact you in advance of your trip to discuss your options. Currently, we are only contacting guests with bookings inside the government notified lockdown period.
We are doing our best to look after our guests and will be as flexible as possible in terms of accommodating date changes, postponement and rebooking for all guests booked in during the glampsite closure period. So you will be able to come and glamp with us at another time in the future – either later in this season, or in 2021. There will be no charge for rescheduling your booking.
Please note that the cost of your stay may vary if you reschedule from low to high season (or vice versa), and/or choose a different accommodation unit to the one you originally booked.
Balance Payments are usually due no later than one month prior to arrival. However, as the corona virus restrictions are changing week to week, we have waived this requirement for guests with bookings up to the end of June 2020 for the moment. This period may be extended in line with government recommendations.
- If the glampsite is in a position to reopen in time to accommodate your booking, your final balance payment may be made two weeks prior to your arrival
- If we cannot accommodate your stay due to continued covid-19 closure, you will not be obliged to pay the remaining balance for your original trip.
- If we cannot accommodate your stay due to continued covid-19 closure, the value of your deposit payment may be redeemed against a future rebooking.
- If you postpone & reschedule your trip, your new outstanding balance will be due no later than one month prior to the revised arrival date.
- Deposit payments made for trips that cannot take place due to covid-19 closure will be honoured as credit, and can be redeemed against a future rebooking or postponement.
- For full site group bookings, the value of a deposit payment may be redeemed against another full site booking, or alternatively, may be shared among members of the group and used towards bookings for families/couples instead. (To be agreed with the named lead booker who made the original deposit payment).
- Please note that all booking deposits are non-refundable. We are sorry about this, but as a small hospitality business, this is a very difficult time, (as it is for everyone), and our insurance cannot cover us during the Covid-19 pandemic. Meanwhile, we are covering our maintenance costs to keep the glampsite going, so that our guests will be able to come and glamp with us once the crisis is over.
While the uncertainty created by covid-19 continues, we cannot confirm when the glampsite will be in a position to reopen. As ever, the safety and well being of our guests and staff is our priority, and we will not resume operation until it is deemed appropriate to do so.
We are accepting new bookings for dates subsequent to the current lockdown period, however, we would advise guests making new bookings to take out adequate travel insurance – preferably with a CFAR (cancellation for any reason) clause.
As per existing bookings, deposits for new bookings are non-refundable, but the value of the deposit paid will be honoured as credit should we have to remain closed during the period you have booked to stay. You can then redeem the value against a future rebooking or postponement as per existing bookings.
For the period until 30th June 2020:
- If the glampsite is closed due to covid-19 issues, you may cancel or defer your trip and the value of your deposit will be honoured as credit, which can be redeemed against a future stay up until 31st December 2021.
- If the glampsite is open and you decide to cancel, you will forfeit your deposit and, if you have given us less that 2 weeks notice, you will be liable for the full value of the booking.
COVID-19: WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
At the moment, the covid-19 restrictions are being amended on a week by week basis. We are keeping a close eye on the situation, contacting guests and adjusting our own reopening date in line with the latest government announcements as they are made.
If you have any further questions, or would like any further information at all, please do get in touch. We are experiencing a high level of enquiries at the moment, but we will endeavour to answer your query as soon as possible.
For now, we would like to sincerely thank all our guests who have been so understanding and supportive of our business through this difficult time. Your kind words and messages have meant the world to us.
We are keen to reopen as soon as possible, and we look forward to lighting up the campfire and welcoming you to our beautiful glampsite here in Co. Laois in the near future.
Until we glamp again, stay safe everyone.
Kyra & Barry